Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Refreshing" content center parts (tube and pipe) with Inventor Supreme.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
frank.nielsen.linde.com
1051 Views, 21 Replies

"Refreshing" content center parts (tube and pipe) with Inventor Supreme.

Is this possible?

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Anybody have a clue as to what I am talking about...Man Mad

Message 3 of 22

Okay, I am unable to "refresh" Tube & Pipe items from within Autodesk Supreme.  What is the catch...???

Message 4 of 22

By refresh,.. do you mean you changed the family table and now you want the push those changes out to the model?  Yes this can be done.  After you change a CC part, return to your assembly top level, save it and go to Manage\Refresh.

Message 5 of 22

"Inventor Supreme"

"Autodesk Supreme"

What are these two softwares you are talking about?  Never heard of them.

Message 6 of 22

For CC items located in "Tube & Pipe" this does not work as I receive a message stating that the part is "owned by Tube & Pipe" and may ONLY be updated (refreshed) by "Tube and Pipe".  Our entire department is running Inventor Supreme 2012, except one.  That one exception is running Inventor Ultimate 2012, and ironically, is the ONLY one that can publish the changes.

Is there an add in for "Supreme" that will allow the changes to take place.

And, according to my reseller, Ultimate is the ONLY way to perform this update...

Message 7 of 22

Inventor 2012 comes in Ultimate, Supreme and something else...

Message 8 of 22

Message 9 of 22

Surprise...!!!  Do NOT upgrade to 2012 or you will be unable to edit ANY "Tube and Pipe" unless you purchase the FULL versions of Inventor.  I am not sure how many users realize how bad 2012 will effect their CC's...!!!

Message 10 of 22

I only see Standard, Premium and Ultimate in any of the Design Suites.... not really sure where you're getting the "Supreme".  A search of Inventor 2012 Supreme takes me to this post... and nowhere else.

confusion.....

Message 11 of 22

My mistake, we have premium.

Message 12 of 22
Message 13 of 22

Is there an "ADD-IN" that can be applied to Premium that will allow Tube&Pipe items to "refresh" in models...???

Message 14 of 22

Oh no, it will refresh, if you pay the money for the full blown version of Inventor.  We are considering suing for loss of productivity...Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 22

Any other suggestions...???

Message 16 of 22

Hello,

What you said should be one issue in AI2012. I have added it to our issue tracking system. We will resolve it in the future.

Sorry to bring you inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Ruth Hu

Message 17 of 22

Awesome...!!!  So, you will have this fixed right after you solve the "Batch Plot" problems...LOL...!!!  What about compensation...???  Who do we talk to about a partial refund...!!!

Message 18 of 22

Wait, wait, wait...

Let me guess...Autodesk has "top men" working on it right now...LOL...!!!!  It is a shame that we are held hostige by such ineptitude...!!!

Message 19 of 22

Did you buy the software from a VAR?  Did they know you were going to use it for Tube & Pipe and Content Center?  If yes, I think you should talk to them about selling you the wrong software for the job.  If there is a legitimate reason that this is not functional at a lower level (and I can't think of one), then a VAR should know that.

just some thoughts....

Message 20 of 22

All I want to know (from AUTODESK) is whether or not Tube & Pipe is compatible with 2012 Premium.  Finding the answer should NOT take this long...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report