Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Precise Redefine" button missing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
iharasensei
515 Views, 3 Replies

"Precise Redefine" button missing

Hi, I'm new to Autodesk Inventor. I'm using Inventor 2013 version, and going through one of the exercises in "Mastering Autodesk Inventor 2013," mi_3h_016.ipt to be precise. With the 3D Sketch line tool, I'm supposed to see a "Precise Redefine" in the Precise Input toolbar, but it is missing and I don't know how to make it appear. I fiddled around with the program for about 1 hour until I finally gave up 😞

Is there some application option that I need to change in order to get "Precise Redefine" button to show up? I attached the screenshot for reference, thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: iharasensei

Attach the *.ipt file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4

Hi iharasensei,

Thanks for pointing this out. Autodesk has changed the terminology used for the button in question. What was formerly called the Precise Redefine button is now called the Reposition Triad button. My apologies for the confusion this has caused you.

I'll notify the Sybex/Wiley Publishing eratta team of the error in the 2013 edition of the book.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 4

Thank you for reviewing this. I just checked it out again and sure enough it worked! Thanks a lot!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report