Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Not Responding" upon opening of program

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
601 Views, 3 Replies

"Not Responding" upon opening of program

I just installed Autodesk Inventor Pro 2014 as a student for my engineering class and I have yet to get it to work properly. Every time I try to open the program, it will open to the main selection page. But the first click I do on the screen causes it to say 'not responding'. I have to close the program and try opening it again. The second time, it does not even get past the opening screen. It freezes and I end up having to log off of my user and log back in. I have the 64-bit version that matches my computer, so I do not understand what is causing the problem. Someone please help; it will much appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

For an engineering student, you might want to include more information. From you post we can determine you have a 64 bit version of Inventor. Please don't say that your case of your computer is grey or black. Information such as operating system. You could be on XP, Vista, Win7, Win8 or Win8.1 or even a Mac running Parallels.

Make sure you have the lastes SP's installed for your machine.

Entering into the engineering field you are expected to be held to a higher standard than a "reasonable man", I was taught that early in my career. You will understand when you get to slip that iron ring on your finger.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
pcrawley
in reply to: blair

What Blair said.

Also... Engineers are trained to find faults and either pick them to death, or fix them, and we tend to do that with people too 😉

Try right-clicking the Inventor 2014 icon and selecting "Run As Administrator".  If you don't have this option, ask an administrator.

If that doesn't work, help us help you, and get the information Blair asked for.

Peter
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Running the program as an administrator has seemed to solve the problem. Thank you. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report