Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"New route failed"

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
jsr
Contributor
1718 Views, 11 Replies

"New route failed"

When creating a new bended tube and starting to route it, inventor comes up with the message "New route failed" no futher explanation.

This happens no matter which style iam using.

Anybody who can help me with this?

Kind Regards
Jens

Inventor Professional 2012
Vault Professional 2012
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
cbenner
in reply to: jsr

Does your route violate any of the tube style rules, such as minimum segment length or bend radius?  Do you have access to all of the fittings set up in the tube style in Content Center?

That's all I can think of.. I don't do tubing much, usually piping.

Message 3 of 12
jsr
Contributor
in reply to: cbenner

I never get to making the route.

Just by clicking "new route" and chosing a name (using the default) the pop up screen comes up with "New route failed"

So I don't think Iam violating any og the tube styles.

and this happens also then trying to do piping, so looks like a generel problem.

I have been suspecting the service pack 2.

Kind Regards
Jens

Vault Professional 2012
Message 4 of 12
Daniela_Koloszko
Message 5 of 12
jsr
Contributor
in reply to: Daniela_Koloszko

I can't see how those post should help me?

No answer is given in them.

I would very much appreciateif anybody have some ideas on why I can not create a new route.

Kind Regards
Jens

Vault Professional 2012
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

I had the same issue. It turned out that my standard.ipt template somehow got corrupt. I replaced it with a new one, and it is now working. When I went to place a new component based off of the standard.ipt it would not let me make it adaptive in the assembly.

Message 7 of 12
BobRhea
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't believe that my template is corrupt. I started a new assembly and a new pipe run and everything worked fine. Has anyone from Autodesk figured out a solution to this problem?

I'm using Inventor Professional 2015 on a 64-bit computer.

Message 8 of 12
cbenner
in reply to: BobRhea

Bob, are you the original poster?  Or is this just something that is also happening to you?

Can you pack and go an assembly that contains all of the parts necessary for me (or anyone) to recreate this, and post it here?

Message 9 of 12
BobRhea
in reply to: cbenner

Hi Chris,

No, I'm not original poster. This has just happened to me this week. My full assembly was way too big to attach, so I just attached the Tube Run and templates. I have since found out that I can add routes to the existing run within my assembly, but if I add another run and try to add a route to the new run, it fails. Hopefully you can find something out. Thanks in advance.

Bob

Message 10 of 12
cbenner
in reply to: BobRhea

Hi again,....

The most important template is not in that folder.  Piping Runs.iam.  This is the template used by Tube& Pipe and is called up when you first enter the environment and create your Tube & Pipe Runs.iam sub-assembly.  This is also where your tube & pipe styles would be stored.  This is usually found in your Design Data folder structure.

Message 11 of 12
hashrafi

had the same issue @Anonymous  answer fixed it.

Message 12 of 12
danielGW92Q

You can improvise, make buck up of your assembly and save it somewhere with a diffirent name. Now create new assembly, put your main assembly (ass. with your error code "New route failed") into new assembly, now you can create pipe and runs in new assembly, when finished, rearrange windows so that you can see your main assembly (ass. with your error code "New route failed") and new assembly you just created, drag your new pipe and runs assembly you just created into your main assembly with error code, thats it, after that drag the exact same pipe and run over through in hyercical three so that you have nice BOM structure, if you need new pipe and run, repeat all over. Or another solution, make new assembly with one helfy template, drag over your assembly that have this error (new route failed"), then you can youse demote on everything you have in that assembly or simply drag over everything over to new assembly in i hyerrarcical three, do not take with you things like points and patterns and tube runs it will not work otherwise (well patterns can be demoted as assemblies then you can take it with you), now last one what remains to drag over are tubes and runes you cannot do it from heararcycal three but you can drag it as i explained in first lines of my text, open remaining pipe and runs from hyerarcical three make sure you rearange windows so that you see  both new assembly and pipe run assembly that remains to be druget over, drag over from hierarcical three to another one, hence drag your pipe and runs into new assembly, now you have only one assembly and pipe and runs will work 😄 be carefull here that method can created some problems for you other places so always take a buckup file. I recomend to do the first one method since all of my pipes got locked and there is no possibility to change them if i use method 2... so yeah, read first lines and use that one first method

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report