Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Map Folders" on Vault ribbon is grayed out

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1190 Views, 1 Reply

"Map Folders" on Vault ribbon is grayed out

I am very new to Autodesk products, I never used any of them before. I just purchased a student license and I downloaded Inventor Professional. This is the 2013 version, 64 bit edition. I also downloaded Vault Basic 2012.

I am trying to learn how to use these tools and one step in this process is to map the working folder in Inventor to Vault so files can be checked in and out, so I created a new vault, added users and groups, and that went without any problem.

Then, in Inventor I log in to this new vault. All the other buttons, (Open, Place, Check In and Check Out) are grayed out at this time. Reading the literature, I got the instructions to click on the Vault ribbon in Inventor, then on Access and "Map Folders". But at this point I cannot proceed because this menu item is grayed out as well.

Searching through this forum and the Internet did not turn up an answer as to what I am missing here, so I'm asking this community for help.

Thank you

Lydia

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cwhetten
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Are you familiar with Inventor project files (.IPJ)?  There are basically two types: single-user projects and vault projects.  The Default.ipj project that comes with Inventor is a single-user type.  If you have a single-user project active, then most of the vault commands besides log in and log out will be grayed out like you describe, including the map folders command.

Try creating a vault project file and activating it to see if this solves the issue.

Post back if you have any trouble or further questions.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2012

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report