Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Failed to join the hole patch onto the base body"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cjphoenix
337 Views, 3 Replies

"Failed to join the hole patch onto the base body"

I'm trying to make a mold, manually rotating the part-and-runner around a central sprue. I put a patch in between adjacent parts, and rotated it too. Then I derived a .ipt from the .iam and tried to make an injection mold from the .ipt, telling it to "Use Existing Surface" on each patch. Now all the patches (even the original) say "Failed to join the hole patch onto the base body."

I've looked at the patch carefully, and it's got a line all the way around it. And I constructed it carefully. Is there any way to make the system tell me _where_ the problem is?

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cjphoenix
in reply to: cjphoenix

Sorry, I can't find the edit button. 

I should have said that I rotated the parts, derived a .ipt, then made the patch and rotated that in the .ipt.

Message 3 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: cjphoenix

Can you attach the files here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 4
cjphoenix
in reply to: JDMather

Not easily. It depends on a bunch of files in a bunch of directories. 

I solved it, sort of, for now. I didn't say it before, but the patch was actually three patches stitched together - two planar and one non-planar. I deleted one of the planar patches from the .ipt, then did add planar patch (8 times) in the core/cavity, and it accepted it.

So we should probably close this topic. Thanks for reading and answering.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report