I would like to report on a latest problem i encountered.
I dunno why, but when it started to run a part fill analysis, Inventor prompted me that it ""Failed to create a new study file".
I tried restarting inventor and still, nothing happened. Moreover, i tried another file and it worked. How come for this part it didnt?
Please see attached.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I didn't see this error in the last several years. But as your said, it is only for this part. Can you share the dataset to me to give some investigation? My e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
I had a look at your dataset and I also repied your mail. But it seems the message hasn't been delivered. I don't know the reason. Anyway, I also want to share my message in here for other guys:
Yes, this issue is related with the long file name. Because of Mold app will use the default design file name to name the all simulation results files, such as below picture.
But I want to say that you also can use “Corner Joint Final Re-Design with Extrusion” as your design assembly name and do the part analyses. There is a solution to do it. Please refer to the below steps:
2. Select your plastic part and place it into mold design.
3. After you placed the part, there is a File Naming dialog pop up:
-You need to check Rename Model Browser Display Names option and then double click on the File Name column to remove some redundant words from them, such as delete “Corner Joint Final Re-Design with Extrusion” from all components. Click OK to apply it.
4. After the above steps, you can assign material and do part analyses.
In this way, you can reduce the length of simulation results file name and continue to do part analyses.