Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"error reading AmDcSegment in database"

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1194 Views, 10 Replies

"error reading AmDcSegment in database"

Does anyone know what this is? I'll save an assembly, close Inventor, and then when I try to reopen the assembly I'll get this? This has happened to me several times before with different assemblies - its starting to get rediculous. I keep loosing a day's work with these damn errors. I'm on SP3a, by the way.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Here's some more info on the problem. The command message dialog box says: "An invalid version of a segment referenced from required segment. AmRxSegment was found in opening file." I know I'm not the only person who's had this problem in this group. At first, I was able to open it by copying it and all of its parts to a local drive. Now it won't open off of there either, though. Message was edited by: louloizides
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Lou,

I know this is a long shot but do you have it narrowed down to a set of
reproducible steps?
--
Gary Tafoya
Inventor Assembly Quality Assurance
---

wrote in message news:5109056@discussion.autodesk.com...
Does anyone know what this is? I'll save an assembly, close Inventor, and
then when I try to reopen the assembly I'll get this? This has happened to
me several times before with different assemblies - its starting to get
rediculous. I keep loosing a day's work with these damn errors. I'm on SP3a,
by the way.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Sorry - it just happens at random. I'll shut down Inventor for the night after saving an assembly, come back, try to reopen it and i'll get the error. Then, sometimes I'll find that if I leave it for a day or two I'll be able to open the assembly again. I'm starting to think that it's a network thing - I wish Inventor was a little more specific about what type of error this actually was. Also, if something like that comes up, I should be able to send the error to Autodesk as if it were an IPoof.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Are you by any chance opening/saving files over a network?

--
Gary Tafoya
Inventor Assembly Quality Assurance
---

wrote in message news:5109449@discussion.autodesk.com...
Sorry - it just happens at random. I'll shut down Inventor for the night
after saving an assembly, come back, try to reopen it and i'll get the
error. Then, sometimes I'll find that if I leave it for a day or two I'll be
able to open the assembly again. I'm starting to think that it's a network
thing - I wish Inventor was a little more specific about what type of error
this actually was. Also, if something like that comes up, I should be able
to send the error to Autodesk as if it were an IPoof.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Yes, that's what I was saying. I did have the assembly (and most of its parts) saved locally at one point and still got the error, but some parts in the assembly were in libraries on the network.
Message 7 of 11
jasonspoor

I am also getting the same problem; I am working on a small assembly with three local parts. Has anyone found a solution to this yet?
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: jasonspoor

Im having the same problem!!! ERROR LOADING SEGMENT AMDCSEGMENT IN DATABASE. IM GETTING CRASY!!!

Can someone PLEASE help me!

Message 9 of 11
johnsonshiue

Hi! The error indicates the Inventor trying to open the file considers the file corrupted. What Inventor release are you on? What Inventor release was the file last saved? Please note that Inventor is not yet capable of opening files saved in newer version on an older version. Could you provide the files you are having trouble with (send to johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 11
jgg
Explorer

El error se produce por que hay piezas en las cuales se han realizado análisis de tensión y estas han sido copiadas de un proyecto a otro, la solución que he encontrado yo a este problema es identificar los elementos que tienen análisis y eliminar este análisis dentro del módulo "Entornos"/Análisis. Con esto debería poder permitir grabar el ensamble.Analisis.jpgAnalisis_.jpg

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 11
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jgg

Hi! Like my older reply indicated, the error message means the file is corrupted. The design capture segment can no longer be read. Unless we know how to reproduce the corruption from scratch, there isn't much we can do. Are you using a file management system or file encryption system?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report