Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
jpblower
Message 1 of 5 (193 Views)

"Could not open default template file" what gives?

193 Views, 4 Replies
06-27-2013 12:01 PM

When I try to do a make components I get this error "Could not open default template file."  All the Standard.xxx files are the designated folder and named appropriately.  Plus I just used this command earlier today.  I did do a "rebuild all" but I'm not 100% sure the problem came directly after that.

FDS Ultimate 2013

Valued Mentor
Lancasterm
Message 2 of 5 (187 Views)

Re: "Could not open default template file" what gives?

06-27-2013 12:11 PM in reply to: jpblower

What about your project file or application options..  Are they still pointing to the correct location?

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 3 of 5 (179 Views)

06-27-2013 12:21 PM in reply to: jpblower

Hi  jpblower,

I found this related link, that might or might not help or at least give some ideas as to what to check:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/make-components-stopped-working/td-p/3785563

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Distinguished Contributor
jpblower
Message 4 of 5 (176 Views)

06-27-2013 12:29 PM in reply to: Lancasterm

Yes to both

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 5 of 5 (168 Views)

06-27-2013 12:50 PM in reply to: jpblower

Hi  jpblower,

I saw your post about the crash on the other thread, and it reminded me of an issue with the Make Components tool very early on. The issue was if the template had a modified sketch in it (I think). As a test, if you replace your Standard.ipt template with one that you know is clean and origina, does issue persist?

Note you can hold SHIFT + CTRL and click the New button to get a clean template to use for testing.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.