Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Bending" dimentions/leaders

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
richendes
3607 Views, 3 Replies

"Bending" dimentions/leaders

Hi, I'm dimentioning a product with the drawing utilities within Inventer Professional and I'm trying to work out how to bend or kink the lines/leaders that link the dimentions to the drawing itself. At the moment for objects such as circles, I can only get lines that come directly out from the center which to me isn't as asthetic as what I know should be able to be done in that a line from the center comes out and then bends to be horizontal or vertical to the dimention. Is there anyway to achieve this? I know it can be done for normal text so I would assume there is a way to do this for standard dimentions.

I have attached an image of what I mean, the dimension I would like to change is the 8.1mm one.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
richendes
in reply to: richendes

Fixed now, I found there was a place in the styles where this could be changed.

Message 3 of 4
Cadmanto

You might want to give a more detail explaination of what you did and mark this thread solved

so that others that research and find this thread will know exactly how you resolved it.  Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 4
richendes

To fix, I right clicked on the dimension and went into "Edit Dimension Style". In the window that comes up there are a bunch of tabs underneith "Dimension Style [ Current Style ]". Navigate to the Text tab, and the boxes on the right of the window show a bunch of symbols that have how the dimensions are laid out in the drawing. Here you can change to have the radius and diameter to have bent lines to the dimensions. The only problem I had with this is that it didn't affect the hole and threads feature note I had (which I would classify as a dimension). This didn't phase me though as I could move everything else out the way to make it horizontal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report