Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick way to color parts in idw drawings

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
fakeru
2140 Views, 2 Replies

Quick way to color parts in idw drawings

We use to color components in idw drawings very often. And when we have drawings of large assemblies we lose a lot of time for that. Usually we select the parts from views (having "Part Priority" in Filter Selection), right click and from the properties we change the color.

I was thinking if there could be faster ways to do it. For example to create a command (which later should accesed via a button on keyboard) that will call the colors window in the components properties, having the part already selected.

component properties.JPG

Colors.JPG

Probably I need a .vba code or an ilogic rule to create this command. Can someone help me in this regard?

Or does someone have better ideas for coloring the parts?

Thanks

Alexandru

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Cadmanto
in reply to: fakeru

Here is a link to a thread that has a rule started that works on small assemblies.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/iLogic-component-edge-color-in-IDW-view/td-p/3325285

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: Cadmanto

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report