Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jed1199
216 Views, 3 Replies

Quick question

Hi all,

I'm having troubles finding a way to make parts seperate bodies. I started off making a shape, then i shelled it. I then went on to make ribs in the middle of it, however i want to ribs to be a seperate solid. (solid 3 i want this to be the main outshell, then i want the ribs, which are currently also solid 3, to be a new solid)

Is there any easy way around this? or am i going to have to use another way and not use the rib feature?

Capture.PNG

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
admaiora
in reply to: jed1199

Hi,

Rib command doesn't have the new solid option. You may consider to cut after, or creating the rib in onother way that permits you to create a new solid.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: jed1199

Hi!

Before create ribs, copy the surfaces and build a boundary to separate the main body from the ribs (you will build later).

Build the Ribs

Use "Split Solids" to split the ribs from the main body using the previous surface as boundary.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 4 of 4
jed1199
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thank you very much for the quick responses!

In the end i copied the outer shell like you said and then created the ribs and split it away from the solid.

Thanks again! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report