Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: Wire ID duplicates

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Tscrant
153 Views, 0 Replies

Question: Wire ID duplicates

Hello, 

I am currently working on panel layouts in Inventor. We use wire numbers derived off of the terminal block or part number. I am trying to set the wire ID as the same for two different wires.  I am getting an error saying that the wire ID must be unique. Does anyone know a way to allow duplicate wire ID's?

Alternatively, I tried to set a custom property to either appear in the create wire dialog box or in the properties dialog box accessed through the create wire dialog box. I was unsucessful in the first part. I was able to make a custom property in the wire library. My current solution is to manually go into to every wire and set the custom property to the wire number that I want so that I can have duplicate numbers. I have already found out how to edit the cfg file to print the custom value in the report.I dont not see this as an ideal way to do things and was wondering if anyone had ideas or advice that would make this process less tedious. 

Thank you in advance for any help or advice,

-Taylor

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report