Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding IV2013 improvements

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
acad-caveman
760 Views, 22 Replies

Question regarding IV2013 improvements

Gentlemen

Can someone please point me to a detailed and complete description of the improvements in the 2013 release, OR

perhaps someone could check/verify that one specific isse has in fact been fixed.

The issue is the conversion of true arcs and circles on a drawing view into splines when the drawing is saved-as an Autocad DWG.

A quick test would be is to draw a 2" diameter cylinder, and drill a 1" hole through it's side.

When the drawining view is created with the hole normal to the viewplane, and the drawing is saved-as and AutoCAD DWG, the result of the hole will be ( on 2012 and previous releases ) a continuous spline instead of a true circle.

I have raised this very same question 3 times before, and the last time I was told it will be fixed in rel 2013.

I have the new release in the box, ready to install, but I truly don't want to rush it unless this spline thing is in fact fixed.

I would really appreciate it if someone could check it out and reply back with either a yay or nay.

Thank You

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
bobvdd
in reply to: acad-caveman

Weird. I don't see the conversion to spline after breaking the link of the projection.

Anyway, talking about the bigger scheme of things, our developers are looking into this and you can refer to this defect number to obtain further status on this issue:

Defect 1464270 The hole in a cylinder shown as a spline and not as a circle after dwgout

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 22 of 23
acad-caveman
in reply to: bobvdd

Bob, thank you again.

I've attached another version of the resulted Autocad DWG, showing the spline which I've tortured a little to indicate it.

Also, what I've discovered in the process is that only the visible circle turns into a spline.

I've changet the through hole into a blind one and created a front an back view of it.

In the front view the hole became 2 separate splines on the visible layer, while in the back view it remained one true circle on the hidden layer.

Message 23 of 23
bobvdd
in reply to: acad-caveman

I think I now see what is going on. Looks like 2012 and 2013 react differently. 

In 2012, breaking the projected "circle" results in a spline

In 2013, I get a true circle after breaking the projection.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report