Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on path for Content Center files-Inv 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gcross
237 Views, 4 Replies

Question on path for Content Center files-Inv 2014

I started getting the Resolve Link dialog for every Content Center file after recently moving all my Inventor data files from local drive to the server. I set my new server paths correctly in Options/Files

After checking everything I discoverd that changing the Options/Files path from ".....Content Center" to  ".....Content Center\en-US" solved the Resolve Link issues.

Curiously, I checked my laptop (with a local drive INV setup) & the path is just ".....Content Center" without the "\en-US"

Why didn't my original ".....Content Center" path work like it use to when it was local? It works fine on my local only laptop.

BTW

All my paths were correct in Options/Files & the Content Center was set to [default] in the Project file. The Project file was moved to the server along with the data files. Iopened Inventor using the Project file to insure it was suing the server Project file.

Thanks

Gary

IV 2014 (PDSU) latest SP

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gcross
in reply to: gcross

Forgot to mention that I also changed the Application Options/Content Center tab location to point to the server "....Content Center\Libraries\" folder.

Gary
Message 3 of 5
ampster401

a shot in the dark Gary but is it possible that whom ever set up the paths on the server included the default "en-US" portion of the path?  I'm thinking it might/should be visible to you when you copied the CC files there, but not sure since it's been yrs since I dealt with a CC server instead of local CC.

Guessing!

Message 4 of 5
gcross
in reply to: ampster401

Hi amster,

I set up the path myself as stated in the post & got the CC part Resolve
link issues. So I experimented & discovered adding the "\en-US" to the
server CC path solved the CC part link issues.

Now I'm just trying to understand why the "\en-US" isn't needed in the path
when the files were all local.

There's nothing in help about this. All server related CC IV Help refers to
a Vault Server & I'm not using Vault.

Gary
Message 5 of 5
ampster401

I understood you added the en-US portion of the path on your system (local) to satisfy where they are now found on the server, and that when you had the path setup to your local hard drive it did not contain the en-US portion of the path and worked fine.

What I'm guessing at is whomever setup the CC locations on the server, probably did not remove the en-US portion of the path which made you have to change your path locally to resolve the missing links.

Along with the guessing here, I assume this is one of the steps people take in order to solve the issue of when ever upgrading Inventor, the default CC paths always contain the version within the name.  For example, everytime I upgrade to a newer version of Inventor, I have to manually go in and remove the version from the path and just leave it as "en-US" at the very end.  And then be sure to migrate all previous created CC files.

going ot there which probably has nothing to do with this other than to guess why en-US works for when CC files are stored on the server vs the fact you don't need that portion of the path and it works for you.  Obviously, the way the server was setup doesn't match the way you were running local CC file storage.

Sorry for long story, but that's the only way I can imagine this situation happening.  Glad you found the solution at least.

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report