Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for those using a Space Navigator...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
KF090
253 Views, 3 Replies

Question for those using a Space Navigator...

Finally got one and it's da bomb, yo!  I feel like a stooge for not having one for the prior 10 years.

Anyway, is there a way to configure the buttons for different environments in Inventor?  Like 2D Sketch, etc.?

It would be great if I could have it preset so that in sketch mode it only is set to Pan & Zoom and then in model/default mode it is set to all movement.

TIA 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: KF090

I don't think there is a way to set it to only 2D motion in sketch enviroment.

But one tip - I prefer to change from the default (or at least was the default) motion of Pan.

I want pan Up/Down to be the same lateral motion as pan Right/Left rather than pulling up/down on the puck.

I prefer that motion to be the Zoom.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
jletcher

Space navigator I don't believe there is a way I have the Space Explorer and it has a button to do this.

Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr

@KF090 wrote:

It would be great if I could have it preset so that in sketch mode it only is set to Pan & Zoom and then in model/default mode it is set to all movement.

TIA 🙂

I would NOT want that.. There are times when you need to do 3d movements in a 2d sketch.. Like maybe to project geometry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report