Inventor General Discussion

Contributor
cwilko
Message 1 of 2 (314 Views)

Question about Trig functions in Paremeters

314 Views, 1 Replies
11-28-2011 08:03 PM

Hello All

Lately it seems the only questions I have to ask is to do Parametric Trig equations.

So here we go again.

I am creating an equation driven part with a few Trig eqautions. (Not that difficult until now)

One equation I need to input requires the Trig function Cotangent (cot).

eg. cot (x deg / n ul) with the unit type set at (ul)

This syntax does not work.

But when I rewrite the equation as 1 ul / tan (x deg / n ul) or tan (x deg / n ul)^-1 ul I get the result that cot should give me.

Does Inventor not support the Cotangent, Secant or Cosecant functions?

Or am I just misrepresenting the syntax description?

Thanks Clint
Inventor 2012 Professional
*Expert Elite*
sam_m
Message 2 of 2 (305 Views)

Re: Question about Trig functions in Paremeters

11-29-2011 01:02 AM in reply to: cwilko

list of valid functions (in "References" -> "Use formulas and equations" -> "Functions")

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2012/Help/0073-Autodesk73/0733-Design_O733/0736-Paramete73...

no cot, so guess you're stuck with 1/tan

----------
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
but please understand that the solution may not be the answer you're wanting to hear...

If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love :smileyvery-happy:

Lithium - helping nntp users with mania, depression and headaches
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.