Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Promoted items in a BOM

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
MikeRid
2414 Views, 6 Replies

Question about Promoted items in a BOM

I made a revision of a parent Assembly I was working with because some parts were modificed. All the parts I changed are showing up in the BOM fine but all the old parts, roughly 400, are showing up all grouped together in the BOM and I can't split them apart. This is affecting my Parts List when I try and generate the drawing of the Assembly. It shows all the parts under the file name of the assembly and the symbol in the BOM says "Promoted()" when you hover over it.

Is there a way to split these items back up??

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: MikeRid

Welcome to the forum.

If these 400 parts are part of a sub-assembly in a top level BOM.

Then in your top level BOM, RC on it and select "Bill of Materials" and make this sub-assembly

"Phantom"  this will bump up all of these components to the top level and everything should show up fine.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
MikeRid
in reply to: Cadmanto

Some of the parts are part of a sub-assembly but most of them are not. I tried changing them to Phantom but no luck. Whatever I change to Phantom does not show up and when I change it back to normal they group back together. My original Assembly didn't have this problem and I don't understand how they both got messed up when I copied it for the revision. 

Message 4 of 7
Cadmanto

Are those parts that are in the sub-assembly shown as "Normal"

Can you post some images of your BOM?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 7
MikeRid
in reply to: Cadmanto

Here is the Model and Part section of the BOM.

Message 6 of 7
MikeRid

Found you could disable row merge and everything is good now. Thanks for the help!

Message 7 of 7
Cadmanto

Glad you figured it out and got it working.

Congrads!!!!

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report