Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queensbury NY - Seeking tutor

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
669 Views, 9 Replies

Queensbury NY - Seeking tutor

I am looking for someone who has a good working knowledge of AutoCAD Inventor that can help my son (10th grader) with his class “3D CAD & Engineering Design”. You would work with my son in 1 hour sessions about twice a week from 12/01/2014 through 03/20/2015. He has the software on his laptop and has all the class material. Students, professionals and teachers are welcome to apply. I have a copy of the class syllabus if anyone is interested in looking at the course content. The tutoring would take place in Queensbury NY.

Background: My son is an alpine ski racer and will be training at West Mt. for the winter. He will be un-enrolled from his high school in NJ and will have tutors for each subject to keep him current with the curiculum at home.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

....working knowledge of AutoCAD Inventor

AutoCAD and

Autodesk Inventor

are two different CAD programs.

Which one is it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Inventor Professional 2015

Message 4 of 10
Cadmanto

Are you looking for on site training?  I ask because there are good tutorials within the program as well as good instructional videos on youtube.

I also have some training documents from 2012.  A few years old, but the basics are there.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

Cadmanto - Yes, an on site tutor that can follow the curriculum of the class. The location will be in Queensbury NY. Thanks.

Message 6 of 10
Neil_Cross
in reply to: Cadmanto

Ohhh but remember when someone in Autodesk thought this was a good idea, because too many people where Google searching for AutoCAD and not Inventor, so this was the solution to try and get Inventor better publicised! Ridiculous decision, and I'm glad someone saw sense not long after.  

Wut.jpg

I'm in the UK so unfortunately can't personally help.  But indeed there are plenty of good built-in help tutorials and online resources for this if you can't source a tutor.  Is there a specific aspect/area of Inventor which you need emphasis placed on? Or is it more of a generalised modelling use he needs help with? 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Neil_Cross

I have attached the course syllabus, its more involved than the tutorials to learn the software. Best.

Message 8 of 10
Neil_Cross

Wow Smiley Surprised I'm both glad the youngsters are being educated so well and glad I'm not a youngster anymore! Also really good to see they're keeping up to date with modern tech.

It's hard to find someone with both extensive software knowledge & real engineering knowledge.  It's one of those things, engineers who do real work don't have the time to study the software and all it's workings as they're... doing real work.  Those who have both skills would have usually studied the CAD software in their own time, most engineers tend to get by on knowing the basics, in my experience, I've no doubt that's not a generic trend.  There are plenty out there though, and they're a real catch, the gems.  You'll find plenty of the gems on these forums but I couldn't say if they'd be local to you.

Good luck on your search Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Hello,

If you wouldn't mind sharing the syllabus, I could take a look. I'm located in Queensbury, and use AutoCAD 2012 at work. I'd have to brush-up on 2015 changes, but there's some time.

I have my BS and Master in engineering, with a good deal of undergrad-level CAD classroom training. My current occupation has me looking at 3D printing applications, with a focus on materials.

Thank you.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Nydosa,

Sounds like your background is a good match. The class uses primarily Inventor. I will attach the syllabus below. Any of the special equipment that is used will be addressed when my son returns home (like the 3D printer). He will have the current version of the software on his laptop. Thanks for looking!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report