Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 11 of 25 (444 Views)

Re: qr creator for IDW

05-28-2013 07:14 AM in reply to: dgorsman

Hi everyone,

michael.navara was kind enough to share this link to another tool on the Exchange site that can be used to create QR codes:

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/2013/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3ac...

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 12 of 25 (434 Views)

05-28-2013 07:49 AM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

I've been doing some digging on the format (well, as much as not spending ~ $250 on the ISO standard will allow).  The procedure in creating a QR code is just a *little* more complicated than switching to a bar code font:

• - the location and number of alignment symbols (small target) depends on the "version", or size, of the symbol
  • - the storage capacity of any given size of symbol is dependant on the formatting (numeric, alphanumeric, byte) and error correction level (low, medium, quality, high)
  • - modules (squares) are grouped into codewords, with the number of modules per codeword variable depending on the version of the symbol and the format
  • - each codeword may represent one or several characters depending on the format (eg. two characters for alphanumeric)
  • - content is encoded in a "snake" pattern in columns from bottom right, moving up, then down; larger versions will interleave codewords so "this is a word" won't necessarily be "th is is aw or d" but "th aw is or is d"
  •  - after the information is encoded into codewords, both the format and data are masked with one of several patterns which selectively flip modules on/off to avoid large white/black areas

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

Valued Contributor
fgarcia90
Message 13 of 25 (415 Views)

05-29-2013 01:45 AM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack
It seem's a good app but I have big/small problem... I use Inventor 2012... does Michael.navarawas knows a solution to use in this version?
TIA
safdafdsf
Message 14 of 25 (393 Views)

05-31-2013 02:44 AM in reply to: dgorsman

Structure of QR Code? I found this passage called QR Code introduction has the structure of QR Code. I can help you understand. QR Code is now really getting more and more popular. I am also creating QR Code  in my business.

Distinguished Contributor
VdVeek
Message 15 of 25 (348 Views)

07-04-2013 11:23 PM in reply to: fgarcia90

fgarcia90 I created an Addin to place a QR-code image on a drawing. It's posible to copy iProperties from the drawing or from the Base-model to a sketch symbol containing the QR bitmap. Sadly the qr-code is not dynamic, when you want to make changes to the qr-code you need to create a new one. But it's posible to save the text to a custom iProperty for later use.

Hope it works for you, otherwise let me know.

Tested on Inventor 2012 x64 an 2013 x64.

Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Associate & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.
Valued Contributor
fgarcia90
Message 16 of 25 (189 Views)

07-09-2013 12:54 AM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Guys, just solved the question migrating to Inventor 2014 and using the app X-Tools LT...

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/2013/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3ac...

as Curtis pointed and seem's a nice solution.

Just one thing I think it couldf be very usefull, ist that the text/link could be place in the prompted entry.... any ideias...

Thanks all for your suggestions..

hellensew
Message 17 of 25 (186 Views)

07-09-2013 01:51 AM in reply to: dgorsman

"Anybody have references for the structure of QR codes?  Once the creation process is better understood the automation of that process would be easier to implement."

You can take a look at this QR Code introduction.

Valued Contributor
fgarcia90
Message 18 of 25 (173 Views)

07-09-2013 05:16 AM in reply to: hellensew
Is it VB.Net compatible with the Visual Basic in Inventor? (meaning can we make copy-paste? :smileyhappy:)
If so how do we "connect" prompty entry in a IDW with the language in VB?
TIA
Distinguished Contributor
VdVeek
Message 19 of 25 (169 Views)

07-09-2013 05:42 AM in reply to: fgarcia90

VB.net is a slightly different language than VBA (The program-enviroment in Inventor). And it's not completly compatible. Is VBA still integrated within Inventor 2014? I heard they will stop vba.

I can change my Addin so it can read the prompted value. But why don't use the iProperties?

Rob.

Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Associate & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.
Valued Contributor
fgarcia90
Message 20 of 25 (157 Views)

07-09-2013 08:00 AM in reply to: VdVeek
Hi, in my Inventor 2014 the Visual Basic icon doesn't do anything... maybe you right.
In my company we don't use iproperties in IDW, just in IPT, IPN and IAM.
In IDW we use always the prompt entry... either way can you supply a link to your add-in so I can check it out :smileywink: ?
TIA
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.