Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Punch Library

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ASchlaack
2220 Views, 2 Replies

Punch Library

Does anyone have or know of a library of punches? I need an adjustable "&" and am having a hard time making one myself and woul dlike to just downlaod one if possible.

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2018
Dell Windows 8.1 64 bit Intel(R) Xeon(R) @ 3.50GHz 32GB Ram
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: ASchlaack

A bunch of older ones here..

http://www.cbliss.com/inventor/iFeatures/

Of course that isthe ifeatures and won't show the file/details of how they were created.

In reality is just like any other adjustable sketch.. Use parameters and drive other dimensions off those.

Example.. Create a Part_length parameter and then maybe the parts width is Part_length/2 or something like that.

Then when creating the ifeature its just a matter of pulling those adjustable parameters into the right column.

My biggest issue with punch creation was how you are forced to only use 1 center point. Thats what always gets me.. 

IMO just keep playing around until you figure it out.. I probably attempted 50+ punches before I went.. oh crap.. now I get it. 

There are a few tutorials out there but not much.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
CCarreiras
in reply to: ASchlaack

Hi!

Now i think it will work well, ... Try it.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report