Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulling in parameters of Content Center files into drawing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cflatz
406 Views, 4 Replies

Pulling in parameters of Content Center files into drawing

I’m looking to do a drawing of a content center file that has a table associated with it. I’m looking to do a table much like the general table option that pulls in parameters of a std. part. I understand that content center files have no intelligence to thread data but If there is no easy way of doing that I may need to pull in an excel sheet that has the data I need.

Ultimately I would like a table that has the part #, “Dim A”, “Dim B”, etc. that links to text dimensions on the content center part view in the drawing. 

If anyone has a different work around that doesn't involve excel, a rule for example, I would definitely consider that as well.

The reason I want it to be a content center file is that I have a couple hundred parts that only differ by one or two dimesions and don't want to have to go through that many drawings to update and make changes to.

I am using Inventor 2012 Pro

Thanks in advance.

CF

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jingyi.liu
in reply to: cflatz

You can achieve it just define the part as a iPart, and list all rows of your parameter changes, then you can create One drawing and attach your table on the drawing.

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Message 3 of 5
cflatz
in reply to: jingyi.liu

Is there a way to link the iPart to the content center part so that if one goes out of date, they can both be updated at the same time?

Message 4 of 5
jingyi.liu
in reply to: cflatz

Yes, you can publish your ipart to content center, you can learn the way how to publish it through Inventor help.

I'm not quite sure about your meaning to link the iPart to the content center part so that if one goes out of date, they can both be updated at the same time?

If you have changed the iPart, you could republish it or massage the spreadsheet in content center, it denpends on your what kind of change you will make.

Did you want to maintain the iPart factory file and keep all iPart member (including those have been placed on exisiting models) updated when the factory file has been changed?  If that was your requirement, you should consider Inventor PLUS Vault solution, you need leverage Vault to track its version and status.

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Message 5 of 5
cflatz
in reply to: jingyi.liu

Sounds good. I think I can just replace the family template through the content center editor to get the changes I need to update. 

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated!

CF

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report