Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing Assemblies to Content Centre...?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1418 Views, 2 Replies

Publishing Assemblies to Content Centre...?

Good day people,

Is there anyway you can get an Inventor Assembly into the content centre?

I'll tell you what my probem is, At my company we are running Inv.2010 together with ADMS & Vault 2010...

I create a vault in ADMS for each project that is running in my company, so if we have 3 projects curently running, i create 3 seperate vault X, Y & Z.

Now our Content centre is global on our server, so no matter which user i give access to a certain vault, they all see the same content inside the content centre.

Now comes the tricky bit, we have standard Assemblies that are built by our company, is it at all possible to get these assemblies into the content centre for design reuse between all of our users across all of our vaults???

I cannot save it to the library because the library is specific to a project / Vault.... How the heck do we make use of desing reuse if this is the case??? It seems that only parts can live inside the content centre, this is not very usefull because our Draughtsman would have to recreate / reassemble a company standard assembly that will not change, each time they want to use it, by reassembling the parts that make up the assembly from the content centre.

This is very time consuming and cost consuming.

Could someone please point me in the right direction of how to go about assembly design reuse???

Many thanks for your time!!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

You can derive the assembly and then publish that to the CC.  We do that for valve assemblies all the time.  I'm not sure what happens if you change the original, once it's in the CC as a derived part... you may need to republish at that point.  perhaps on of our more experienced gurus can shed some light on that?

Message 3 of 3
Projetos2013
in reply to: Anonymous

It's ok if you want to publish parts from you assembly or iassembly, yet it will not give you an ipart.

Also if you want to work on sheet metal, you can choose one "A-side" of the derived assembly to make it a file with flat pattern .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report