I have been trying to publish some of my assemblies into showcase. Showcase gives me the message that one or more files could not be Imported. The Import status window indicates that the part failed to load, but other than that I don't get any information.
I have tried a number of different settings, but still no luck.
I have tried exporting the file to a neutral CAD format and it does load into showcase no problem then, but this seems like an annoying work around if I am going to have to do it for almost every assembly we use.
I have attached one of the files that does not load into showcase.
Has anyone got any insight into what might be wrong with this file?
Thanks for the response.
I appreciate the model is pretty untidy, but can't justify spending the time remodelling it just for a showcase import. The part is used in a few complex assemblies so I would need to replace it in those as well.
I can't see why the part being untidy should stop it importing into showcase. Has anyone lse had this issue in the past and been able to overcome it without remodeling? I would really like to know what went wrong and what specifically is causing the import to fail.
How does the feature tree affect the showcase import?
This is a wild shot-in-the-dark, but try Tools>Document Settings>Modeling... ...I have no idea what this does, but it looked relevant.
I tried deleting the extrusion you identified and all the sketches/features that are broken by deleting it. At this point the model will import into showcase, but so much of the model is removed I am again pretty much remodeling it.
A good point you make about thhe derived part. I can't imagine why this works. Having the part in a assembly prevents the assembly from being imported into showcase.
I also tried those settings, with no luck.
I will open a support ticket with Autodesk, thanks for the help so far.
I too have a terrible time importing assemblies into Showcase. I don't have any influence over how the assemblies are created and truthfully, some of them are full of "problems". They open fine in Inventor (after you tell Inventor to IGNORE things). They perform their function here fine.
I end up taking them into Showcase by way of NavisWorks.
I have also found that if I do a SAVE AS and save the assembly to my own directory and then gut whatever can't be seen I've had much better luck.
All that said, the import diagnostics of Showcase leave a lot to be desired. You have a process that runs for an hour and then tells you nothing other than it failed.