Inventor General Discussion

Mentor
Doug_DuPont
Message 1 of 2 (105 Views)
Accepted Solution

Publish to CC and Can not Relink

105 Views, 1 Replies
01-22-2013 07:40 AM

I published our Dirt Seal I-Part from our Inventor Library to the Content Center.

Then I renamed the Dirt Seal File So Inventor can not find Dirt Seal.

I open an assembly that has a dirt seal part and it asked me to resolve the link. I go to the Content Center, I find the Dirt Seal Folder. I don’t see any parts in the folder. I don’t see any file named Dirt Seal?

So I canceled that, opened a new iam and opened added a new part from content center. I added the same seal that was in the original assembly, saved. Reopened original assembly try to resolve the link to the dirt seal,

I go to the content center, to the dirt seal folder, the seal file is there now I select it but it will not let me resolve the link on the at file.

Any Ideas how to do this?

Douglas DuPont
Inventor 2013
GeForce GTX 580
Windows 7 64 Bit

I'm not sure why you were not seeing your newly published part in the CC, but now that it is showing... instead of resolving the link, try accepting the assembly with the link broken.  Then once it's open do a "Replace from Content Center" on the dirt seal.  We've had to do this with a lot of our old piping assemblies that were done pre Content Center.

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 2 of 2 (95 Views)

Re: Publish to CC and Can not Relink

01-22-2013 08:32 AM in reply to: Doug_DuPont

I'm not sure why you were not seeing your newly published part in the CC, but now that it is showing... instead of resolving the link, try accepting the assembly with the link broken.  Then once it's open do a "Replace from Content Center" on the dirt seal.  We've had to do this with a lot of our old piping assemblies that were done pre Content Center.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cadtipstricks.wordpress.com//

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!