Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish to CC and Can not Relink

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Doug_DuPont
254 Views, 1 Reply

Publish to CC and Can not Relink

I published our Dirt Seal I-Part from our Inventor Library to the Content Center.

Then I renamed the Dirt Seal File So Inventor can not find Dirt Seal.

I open an assembly that has a dirt seal part and it asked me to resolve the link. I go to the Content Center, I find the Dirt Seal Folder. I don’t see any parts in the folder. I don’t see any file named Dirt Seal?

So I canceled that, opened a new iam and opened added a new part from content center. I added the same seal that was in the original assembly, saved. Reopened original assembly try to resolve the link to the dirt seal,

I go to the content center, to the dirt seal folder, the seal file is there now I select it but it will not let me resolve the link on the at file.

Any Ideas how to do this?

Douglas DuPont
Inventor 2016 Pro, Vault 2016 Pro
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cbenner
in reply to: Doug_DuPont

I'm not sure why you were not seeing your newly published part in the CC, but now that it is showing... instead of resolving the link, try accepting the assembly with the link broken.  Then once it's open do a "Replace from Content Center" on the dirt seal.  We've had to do this with a lot of our old piping assemblies that were done pre Content Center.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report