Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMPTED ENTRY TO RE APPEAR

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
stephenson513
453 Views, 5 Replies

PROMPTED ENTRY TO RE APPEAR

HI there

When working with a dwg, sometimes Ill need to change something that I entered in the prompted entry box that appears when I first make the drawing. How can I make that appear again for a single sheet that Im busy with. Its easy in 2013 but its not the same in 2014.

And also how can I put a button on the ribbon for easy access to iproperties?

Thanks to all who help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: stephenson513

What exactly are you typing in the dialog box? Do you have custom sheets or are you using default sheets? Or are you talking about the Drawing view dialog box?

To customize your ribbon: Go to your Tools Tab > Customize Command > Ribbon Tab > Select iProperties on the Left-hand side and bring it over to the right-hand side. Make sure you look on the left-hand side where it will place this command.

Please let me know if this helps

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 6
-niels-

I'm assuming you mean the prompted endtry for a titleblock or a sketched symbol?

If so, expand them in the browser, right-click on the underlying item and select "edit field text".

Edit_field_text.png

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 4 of 6
stephenson513
in reply to: -niels-

That is great!

I thought I had checked all those things and RC 'd everything.....hmm dunno how I missed that.

Actually I think I only tried things under the drawing resources tab and not under each sheet.

Thank you!

Message 5 of 6
stephenson513
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Thank you!

The ribbon edditor is exactly what I wanted...forgot about it : )

Message 6 of 6
JoAnn_Hogan

Its a pleasure. Glad I could help

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report