Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projection of a Break Out View??

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
344 Views, 1 Reply

Projection of a Break Out View??

Hi

I have a problem. I have a cylindrical shape, which I want to cut in an angle of 120 degrees, through the entire profile, in the idw. I did this with a break out view, but the problems is, when I then want to project the view, so I can see the inside of the cylinder, it projects the original, full shape, instead of the break-out shape.

Only if I drag the projection to the side, so it creates an isometric view, the correct shape is shown.

Any ideas on how to do this? I have attached a little step-by-step picture, of a dummy-model, to illustrate the issue.

Best regards

Holmskov

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
trumpy81
in reply to: Anonymous

The only way I can think of is to create a second dummy part with the breakout already modelled on it, then place that part and project it to your hearts content ... lol

It might not be the most elegant solution but it should work if you can't find any other way.

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report