Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

projected geometry not updating between sketches 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
eman6398
364 Views, 4 Replies

projected geometry not updating between sketches 2013

projected geometry not updating between sketches in inventor 2013. I hope this will be fixed in 2013 sp1. I have noticed it happening alot when I project a line of another sketch that makes a single point in my new sketch. once the original skecth is changed the second one doesnt update sometimes. It doesnt do this 100 percent of the time just when I need to get stuff done.

Dell t1700 Xeon 16 gb ram
Windows 7 64 bit
NVIDIA QUADRO K4000

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Daniela_Koloszko
in reply to: eman6398

There is a discussion about that in another post which can give you some input about this issue:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/projected-geometry-dose-not-update-upon-change/td-p/...

Daniela Koloszko

Message 3 of 5
stevec781

Are the sketches in the same part or are you working top down projecting between different parts.  If top down this is normal for them to not be associative.

Message 4 of 5
eman6398
in reply to: stevec781

nope. this is in a single part. between two different sketches. I also have others here who are having the same problem.

the sketch has usually been the main skeletal sketch that gets derived into different parts.

Dell t1700 Xeon 16 gb ram
Windows 7 64 bit
NVIDIA QUADRO K4000

Message 5 of 5
Desam

Hi,

I am also having this problem of projected points between sketches occasionally being 'left behind' in both 2013 and 2013 sp1.1.  Have never seen this before in 2012 or earlier.  Definately a software bug not user issue but very difficult to report as in is not consistently reproduceable.  In my experience if the defective projected point is deleted and then recreated it will then 'keep up' as further changed are made to the base sketch.

regards,

Hugh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report