Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projected geometry do not follow

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
351 Views, 1 Reply

Projected geometry do not follow

Hello,

We have experiencing the following error with Inventor 2010.

We project hole geometry to the base plate from other parts using Project Geoemtry command. At the beginning everything seems OK. But after a while opening the file and changing the location of the part which used to project edges, the holes on the plate do not update. Adaptivitiy seems OK. Not broken links... But the projected geometries do not update their new location.

All the SPs are installed. Operating system is W7.

I have attached the sample file. Forget the missing compenents.

Has anyone suggestions?

Thank you.

Bulent

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! The Inventor files (iam and ipt) you attached are incomplete. 100 0007 03 00:1 is missing. Please reattach the files. Without seeing the whole assembly, I can only speculate what might have happened.

1. There is no grounding component in the assembly. This will introduce unpredictable behavior since all components can be moved or rotated. This condition is very hostile to adaptive solve.

2. It is possible that the source of projected geometry has been moved. And, in the new position, the adaptive part cannot successfully utlitize the projected geometry to generate a feature.

3. Maybe the source component has been changed in a way that the projected geometry loses reference.

These are just speculation but each one is a legitimate failure. Without seeing the full dataset, this is the best I can do.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report