Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Geometry

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JHT82
221 Views, 2 Replies

Project Geometry

Hi,

I have an assembly, where I need to project one parts hole onto another part. I'm used to getting yellow lines when I do this, but for some reason I get blue lines, and they aren't adaptive??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: JHT82

Hi! There are a few possible explanations. First, go to Tools -> Application Options -> Assembly -> find "Cross part geometry projection" options in the middle. Are they both checked? If not, check both -> OK and redo the workflow you did. Second, is the hole on the first part a part level hole or an assembly level hole. If it is assembly level hole, the projected edge will become adaptive only if you are on Inventor 2014 and later. It was a recently added workflow, unavailable in prior releases. Third, is the part you are projecting to is already an adaptive part in another assembly? Open the part by itself -> go to Tools -> Document Settings -> Modeling -> see if "Adaptively used in assembly" is checked or greyed out. If it is already adaptive in another assembly, it cannot be made adaptive in this assembly due to potential collision.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
JHT82
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks,

How do I figure how a part is adaptive towards my assembly, cause I'm pretty sure I deleted all the sketches that where adaptive.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report