Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project geometry and different constrains

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
amirrezapakroo
426 Views, 3 Replies

Project geometry and different constrains

Hi all

would you please help me why with project geometry (inside of assembly)I am getting two different constrains? one is LOCK and another Icon is simmilar to P/G command Icon but second one is associative and lock ones are not that they will not change at all if I change source parts?

Project geometry must link to source picked edges all times but in this situation its not 100% associative.

Its really big problem inside inventor for me,

thanks for any suggestion...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: amirrezapakroo

Hi!

You have to pay attention where you pick to project geometry. If you are picking in the solid from the same part, or if you are picking geometry from another part within the assembly.

If you pick geometry from another part, you will have links (if you open the (+) in the sketch, you will see that links)

The symbol you related is from "adaptative"; the part turns adaptative because is dependent from the others you made the projection.

So,  in both cases it must maintain associative.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: amirrezapakroo

Hi!

Looking better your image, you have a adaptative part grounded, not a good idea. Also it is in a sub assembly and you are projecting geometry from parts outside the sub-assembly, from the main assembly, rigth? This explain this diferent beahvior.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
amirrezapakroo
in reply to: CCarreiras

Hi thank you for your answer

yes I know this levels of cautions for being adaptive in assembly, but in assembly when you pick some edges of other parts if that edge is not really exact edge straight to your current plan it would be lock after projection and it will not update later, for example if you select round edge of a cylinder that right now its shadow is front of you instead of exact line later when you change main diameter this edge will not update and has got lock icon on it but when you project bottom edge of a cylinder it will update later.am I right?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report