Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project File Disapears??

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bmeraz
372 Views, 4 Replies

Project File Disapears??

Hello,

My users (including myself) have recently begun experiencing a situation in which the project file disappears from Inventor...  The project file is then switch to default.... The project file is stored locally on users machines and are not allowed to be editited (I have the file checkout to myself). The file itself doesnt disappear from its directory, Inventor simply loses sight of it.

Has anyone else experience this issue before? We are using Inventor and Vault 2011, the project file is current with respect to release. We are all using 64bit xppro systems

Any insight would be wonderful

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Loren_J
in reply to: bmeraz

This see this occasionally. I restart my computer every night, and I sometimes see it in the morning. I have to browse for the project file, and it stays for a while (it could be one day or a few weeks). I am suspicious about Windows 7, because I would also lose settings for other programs. I don't think I have seen it since Win 7 SP1, so they might have fixed it.

LorenJ

Inventor 2011 Pro
Win7 64 SP1
Xeon W3550 @3.07 GHz
ATI FirePro V5700, 8.773.0.0
12 GB RAM
Message 3 of 5
marshaltu
in reply to: bmeraz

Hi,

Please check project folder and see whether the shortcuts for project files were deleted everytime. A shortcut file will be created in Projects folder when you insert an existing project or create a new project file in Project Dialog.

You can find project folder path from Inventor->Application Options->File->Projects folder.

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 5
Loren_J
in reply to: marshaltu

The shortcuts are deleted. I have to browse to the projects again to create the shortcut. This isn't a big problem for our users since they only use the Master project, but I have several projects I use for testing, and it is annoying.

LorenJ

Inventor 2011 Pro
Win7 64 SP1
Xeon W3550 @3.07 GHz
ATI FirePro V5700, 8.773.0.0
12 GB RAM
Message 5 of 5
marshaltu
in reply to: Loren_J

Hi,

I don't know who delete those shortcuts. Inventor should never delete them automatically. You can use "Process Monitor" to monitor those shortcuts and find out which process will delete them.

You can get it from the following link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report