Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project File/Different part dimensions

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
sperrin658
331 Views, 1 Reply

Project File/Different part dimensions

I have an assembly of pallet racking, it is one complete frame which can be modified in all the desired ways by the ilogic i have in place. I wish to be able to put this frame into a new assembly but have different dimensions for each frame. I used to do this by copying all the files to a new folder so that each frame had its own parts. This has stopped working and now once one frame is altered all the other frames change to rather than having there own dimensions.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CCarreiras
in reply to: sperrin658

Hi!

So you're using an iLogic Assembly to create several versions of a frame design, and put those different versions in another Asembly?

You can try this:

1. Open the iLogic assembly
  2. Configure one version
  3. Save and close
  4. Use the Tool "iLogic Design Copy" to copy the version to the Main assembly project. You have to close all Inventor files.

Tip: You have a option to export the copy without any iLogic rule.

1.png

Mantain the diferent versions in separate folders (or you have to rename all parts). Rename the iLogic copy for each version though.

For other versions, open again the iLogic assembly and do again all the steps behind.

Hope it works that way.

Regards.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos! Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report