Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmable keypad like 3D (Connexion) Mouse

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
brockalot
527 Views, 1 Reply

Programmable keypad like 3D (Connexion) Mouse

Hi all,

I recently received a new 3D Connexion SpaceMouse Pro Wireless. It's my first 3D Mouse, and I know i'm VERY lucky to have it:

http://www.3dconnexion.com/products/spacemouse-pro-wireless.html

That being said, as I am starting to get used to the new navigation and movement, I find that I my F4 hot-key+TrackBall Mouse are still faster and better controlled than the SpaceMouse. 

The thing I have found I CANNOT live without are the 4 buttons located at the top of the SpaceMouse. For those who have not used these devices before, the hot keys at the top of the mouse are programmable with up to 4 actions each, which means up to 12 commands available with just 4 buttons. It makes creating and editing every aspect of my documents VERY fast. (see attached picture for more detai)

Does anyone know of a good product I could use that is the SpaceMouse without the mouse part? I've been looking for Programmable Keypads, but have not found anything that will present a pop-up style menu like the SpaceMouse.

Thanks very much for reading. Any and all help would be great.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JDMather
in reply to: brockalot

@brockalot wrote: 

That being said, as I am starting to get used to the new navigation and movement, I find that I my F4 hot-key+TrackBall Mouse are still faster and better controlled than the SpaceMouse. !

I prefer to switch the default Zoom In/Out with Pan Up/Down.
Seems more natural to me to have Pan Left/Right same type of motion as Pan Up/Down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report