Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile clean up - Autodesk

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MarkESmith
307 Views, 2 Replies

Profile clean up - Autodesk

I use a tool which clears Autodesk references from the profile & this fixes a variety of issues.

Generally if the problem isn't seen when logging on as a different user then the profile is to blame.

Can someone explain what the profile does & why it needs to be 'cleaned up' so frequently? Some machines appear to be effected more than others - looking for reasons why this is happening.

Cheers

MES

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BLHDrafting
in reply to: MarkESmith

Mark, I can't offer any advice on what the profile does or how it does it. But I have the same trouble as you on 1 machien and 1 user profile. IT set up a script to clear out the Autodesk stuff at each login of that user. It has fixed most of the issues but some linger.

IT have completely formatted the HDD and re-installed OS and apps and when the problematic profile is used it creates issues in Inventor and Vault. I had a temporary new profile made for the user and it worked for a few months. But then the errors started creeping in.

I would be very interested in learning about the 'tool' you refer too.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 3 of 3
MarkESmith
in reply to: MarkESmith

hello

The tool is here

http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2009/05/dos-script---reset-all-client-users-set...

copy & paste into notepad & save as .bat file

MES

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report