Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Productivity Commands & Custom templates

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
alauth
698 Views, 5 Replies

Productivity Commands & Custom templates

Anyone know how to set up the Productivity commands in an assembly so that the Add Part/Assembly commands use our default custom templates we created. Application options are set up to the location of our standard templates as well as the project file. Yet when we use the Add Part/Assembly command from the productivity panel in an assembly it does not carry over our default settings.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: alauth

What version of Inventor?  Are you talking about the Create In Place Component?  There is a pull down in the dialog that allows you to select the template, which should default to the paths you have set up.  Is this what you want to do?

Message 3 of 6
alauth

We use Autodesk Professional 2014. I have included a screen shot of the commands that I am trying to use (Add Part/Assembly command) located on the Productivity Tab of the Assemble ribbon

Message 4 of 6
jtylerbc

As best I can tell, at least in 2013, these commands use Standard.ipt and Standard.iam from the default templates folder.  I just tested it, and it does carry over properties and other information that we have in those templates.  Are you saying that yours doesn't pull from the Standard templates, or that you're trying to get it to pull from a template other than Standard?

I have never changed any settings to enable this - in fact, before this test I had never used these commands at all. 

Message 5 of 6
swalton

I would try renameing the templates. I bet that the productivity shortcuts work just like the new file dropdown shortcuts in the ribbon bar.

Name the templates that shipped with IV something like "standard-as-shipped.iam". 

Then rename your custom templates to "standard.iam" . 

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 6 of 6
alauth

Yes, we have renamed our custom templates from the standard names that came with inventor and they are located in a completely different folder. So it sounds that if we rename our custom templates back to the standard names that this function will work. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report