Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 Install

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
m.granata
3692 Views, 8 Replies

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 Install

Hi,

Downloaded my Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 today.  I currently use Product Design Suite Premium 2014.  Many times in the past I would reformat the drive, then perform fresh installs of the OS, Autodesk Product Design Suite, and my other software to obtain clean installs.  This time I don't want to reformat the drive and am wondering what may provide the cleanest install for Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015?  Use the file transfer utility for my current Product Design Suite Premium 2014 and upload the license to Autodesk as a safety measure, uninstall Product Design Suite Premium 2014, then proceed to install Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015?  Or, just install Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 and later remove Product Design Suite Premium 2014?  Anybody have any thoughts, pros or cons on this?

Best Regards,

Mike

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
LT.Rusty
in reply to: m.granata

You can have multiple versions installed on a computer at the same time, so long as you have the hard drive space available.

Right now at home I've got PDSU 2013, PDSP 2014 and the Inventor 2015 Beta all installed alongside each other.  (Haven't gotten around to uninstalling the 2015 beta yet ... need to go ahead with that, I guess, since PDSU 2015 is ready to install!)

Rusty

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
mdavis22569

I'm installing it now on mine ...and I have multiple versions on it ...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
bob_holland

Mike,

I have many different versions and product mixtures on two different machines.

The only thing that you really need to remember is that once you open an Inventor file with Inventor 2015 and save it, it will not be operable by any previous release of Inventor.

For performance reasons, we recommend that you migrate all of your files to the current release of Inventor that you are utilizing.

Inventor migrates the file as it is being opened and if you do not save it, you are just slowing Inventor each time you use the un-migrated file.

I hope this helps.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 5 of 9
mrattray

The official procedure for installing AutoDesk software can be found here: AutoDesk Software Installation Guide

I also have 2013, 2014, and 2015 installed.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 9
blair
in reply to: mrattray

It would be great if ADSK could somehow incorporate the Install Check-List into one of the first screens that would flash up on the Install Routine and require a check for each pre-requisite of the install.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 9
m.granata

Hi,

I installed my Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 over the weekend.  Autodesk has documents for most versions of Inventor listing file folders and registry key entries to manually delete to obtain a clean manual uninstall.  After I performed an automated uninstall using Autodesk's uninstall utility and rebooted, I followed the document for manually uninstalling Inventor 2014 plus deleted any additional remaining file folders and registry keys related to Autodesk I could find.  I then installed Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 and lastly defragmented the hard drive just to be certain it was unfragmented.  So far Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 works better, faster, and smoother than any previous Product Design Suite I have had on this workstation.

I am not one to like several versions on a software product installed on the same workstation.  Plus, its risky, but I've always immediately removed old software when upgrading to force myself to learn any new features, or changes with the newer version.

Best Regards,

Mike

Message 8 of 9
mcgyvr

I don't get it? You asked if you can install 2015 but you didn't want to uninstall 2014..

But then you report back that you uninstalled 2014?

You could have just left it.. I have 2014 AND 2015 installed without any issues. 

Glad its all working for you though.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 9 of 9
m.granata

mcgyvr,

I'm sorry for any confusion.  I must not have been clear in my original post.  What I meant by cleanest install was to remove all traces (files, folders, registry entries) of any earlier versions of Product Design Suite and only have the latest Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 installed.  It's just a preference to have only the current version installed unless I have a need for earlier versions as well.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report