Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with this new forum

35 REPLIES 35
SOLVED
Message 1 of 36
Anonymous
1649 Views, 35 Replies

problems with this new forum

I can't figure out how to attach files successfully or how to add an image to a post. The "preview" tab erases everything I've typed. And the "Options" dropdowns on comments just reload the page instead of giving me options. Same results in both IE and Chrome. Anybody else having issues?
35 REPLIES 35
Message 21 of 36
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

I had simular problems, IE10/11, Safari and Mozilla all showed the same problem. Tracked the problem down to issues with the "SYSWOW64"and "SYSWOW32 directory.

Have your IT department run Combofix which should fix the issue.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

I just ran combofix (but did not turn off Kaspersky, as our IT guy is out sick today). Nothing has changed on this site. Still broken.
Message 23 of 36
blair

All Anti-Virus software must be disabled for ComboFix to run. You also need Admin Privileges as well. 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 24 of 36
Anonymous

Reran combofix, this time with antivirus disabled...still no changes. Anybody else have any ideas?
Message 25 of 36
blair

Could be something with your IE security settings, try Safari or Mozzilla web browsers as well.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 26 of 36
Anonymous

Same thing in all browsers...chrome, IE, Firefox, and Safari. Just did a rest on the IE browser and a reboot, still broken. I just tried on a coworker's computer and saw the same problems. Must be related to our office's antivirus or barracuda settings or something. We've been having so many problems lately and they don't know how to fix it.
Message 27 of 36
blair

Can you have your IT person, temporarly disable the A-V software and see if that makes a difference.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 28 of 36
Discussion_Admin

Ok a few things to try if using IE please make sure you are not in "compatibility" mode as it is not supported.

Also make sure you are not blocking scripts from Autodesk or Addthis.com they are needed for all features to work.

Also please make sure you are using the latest releases of the supported browsers below (with JavaScript enabled):

Chrome
Firefox
Internet Explorer 8+
Safari

For mobile device browsing the latest popular mobile operating systems and devices with their default browsers (with JavaScript enabled):

iOS with Safari
Android with Android browser
Opera Mini
Blackberry Browser

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 29 of 36
Anonymous

SOLUTION FOUND.

In the URL, make sure it says "https", not "http". All settings (finally) appear to be functional.

That took me WAY to long to figure out. Why does the website not default to this?

Message 30 of 36
blair

This is the address that shows up in my browser: and this is the link I use in my short-cut: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/bd-p/78

Capture1.JPG

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 31 of 36
Anonymous

Well, for me if the "s" is included, the website is full featured. If it is excluded, I have no text editing capabilities or attachments. Not really sure why, but that's how my machine is working a the present moment.

Message 32 of 36
Anonymous

Well, the problem is back again and my previous fix doesn't work. Any other ideas? This is terrible.
Message 33 of 36
Discussion_Admin

This  sound's like a scripting issue. Are you at work or home?

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 34 of 36
Anonymous
in reply to: Discussion_Admin

Works just fine at home. Doesn't work in the office. I'm guessing something to do with antivirus or all the extra crap they put on the internet to screen what we are doing. Our IT guys can't figure it out.

Message 35 of 36
Daniel248

This is what worked for me:  Reset Internet Explorer's settings to their default condition.

IE_reset1.png

Message 36 of 36
Discussion_Admin

@Anonymous wrote:

Works just fine at home. Doesn't work in the office. I'm guessing something to do with antivirus or all the extra crap they put on the internet to screen what we are doing. Our IT guys can't figure it out.

Ahhh as I suspected.

Have them make sure they are not blocking Autodesk.com,Autodesk.net , lithium.com, addthis.com.

s7.addthis.com is the specific addthis domain I believe if they are to uptight to unblock all of the addthis domains.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report