Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Positional Reps

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JoeBarnes4076
408 Views, 2 Replies

Problems with Positional Reps

I am working on an animation of a medium large assembly. The animation is not that complicated. I am using positional reps to define the key frame sequence. There is 25 Positional Reps.

I am not sure what happened but it appears that my positional reps were somehow corrupted at multiple levels. I fortunately have been saving snapshots of my workspace off to the network.

I am having a few different issues that seem to be releated and I think it began when I started using Inventor Studio.

When activating a top level positional rep an overridden component that is supposed to display a specific positional rep is displayed incorrectly. If you open the component and activate the PR it is displayed correctly.

Another thing I am seeing is that looking at PR's in the browser tree, some PR's are not being displayed. If I try to make another one with the same name it says I cannot because the name already exists. If I edit the PR's with Excel the PR's show in the worksheet. I cannot add or delete them using Excel. I was able to list all and delete the ones not shown using VBA. I found a thread in the forum with this issue but no solution was given.

I have also been getting an error message when entering Inventor studio with an active animation timeline with the attached image. This happens several times before actually getting into studio.

The File format and extension of 'something.xls' do not match. The file could be corrupted of unsafe unless you trust it's source, don't open it. Do you want to open it anyway? (Yes or No)

I have tried starting from scratch at the top assembly with no improvement.

I have lost a few days already and have a deadline approaching.

Any help or guidance is very much appreciated

Joe

Inventor 2015 SP1 update 2

Certified Dell workstation/ NVIDIA 5000 video

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bob_holland
in reply to: JoeBarnes4076

Joe,

I waned to let you know that this is a known issue with Inventor 2015.

The current findings of the investigation have been documented in the article published here:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/2015-Inventor-Studio-Erorr-about-XLS-format

We will keep the article updated with the findings from the investigation, as they become available. You may look up the article by searching Autodesk Knowledge Network using the Incident Id: 32494 for the status of the investigation any time.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 3 of 3

This happens in 2014 also...

Any help?

Jack Hulbert

BEPCO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report