Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Inventor 2010: Reference Geometry in Assembly Drawings

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Passi
772 Views, 2 Replies

Problems with Inventor 2010: Reference Geometry in Assembly Drawings

Hi there, We have some serious problems by creating assembly drawings with reference geometries in inventor 2010. Our target is, to create a drawing that look the way, the attachment shows (Picture-1) The sheet metal plates Pos 10-100 are an assembly. And the assembly in the back is the reference geometry. It’s a frame consists of steel sections. What we want: 1. The frame must be phantom lined in the idw. 2. The Sheet Metal parts must be thick lined. 3. The Partslist of the Assembly should only contain the sheet metal parts and not the frame We have some ideas to solve this case, but each of them is nor perfect (please see the attachment Box.pdf) And there’s another problem (described in part 3 of attachment), we cannot position viewports or drawing elements to each other exactly. You have no possibility to give them dependencies. Also if you want to position symbols to each other. All of them are only near to be exact, but that’s a big problem. If you change contents of a viewport, another should be aligned to it, but that doesn’t work. Best Regards Passi

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
t_pcoll
in reply to: Passi

Hi Passi,

I'm not sure I understand it clearly, but are you aware of Edit View -> Model State tab -> Reference Data Margin ? By Increasing this value should be possible to control size of the viewport for Solution 1.

Thanks

Ladislav

Autodesk

Message 3 of 3
Passi
in reply to: Passi

Thanks a lot,

(first of all, you understand everthing correctly.)

I know the model state tab, but I don't think about the function of the margin 🙂 The German Translation is "Rand" means something like "limi"t and I do not bring them in addition to each other. A value of 100 means full view Smiley Surprised

WOaaa.

Thanks a lot and I think, this is the solution I need. Or at least it's a solution I can live with.

Best Regards

Passi 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report