Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with frame generator

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Ibanezmike
340 Views, 3 Replies

Problems with frame generator

I have made  a frame assembly for a caravan but I am only able to insert members to one side of the caravan. I have made an extrusion from one side of the frame and made a solid with a clear material. I made a new sketch on the other side of the caravan with lines everywhere I want the frame members to go but I am not able to insert the members onto the lines. Any help would be awesome, Thanks -Mike

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: Ibanezmike

Hi there,

First of all your sketch should ALWAYS be fully constrained. Your sketch was a mess and thats why it didnt want to work. Do not use Automatic dimensions and constrains.

I have copied your geometry, fixed all the problems and made sure everything is fully constraint. Please see the attachement. Also when you want to use your Frame generator you need to have the sketch as a seperate part, otherwise it wont work either. Have a look at the sketch of test part and the assembly

Please let me know if this helps.

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 4
Ibanezmike

Thanks heaps for the help Jo. I had the constraints turned off, so thats why my sketches were such a mess. I will have to look into constraints a little more I think.

Message 4 of 4
JoAnn_Hogan

This would be a great place to start. http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-EC368AD8-21A6-4207-85B7-E757DDB74272

I am glad I could help

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report