Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Drawing view.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
zdmarshak-16
638 Views, 2 Replies

Problems with Drawing view.

I really apologise for posting this as I'm sure this question has likely been answered a billion times already but I'm seriously confused and I'm exhausted.

I'm using this program in my drafting class and the instruction I have received on the program is really bad. We are working on creating a puzzle cube. I've creted my assemblies which are the different puzzle pieces. The next step is to convert the individual assembly pieces into drawings and here is where I'm having the issue.

I need to have four views on the drawing paper:

1.  3D view in the top right corner
  2.  Top down in the top left corner
  3.  Front view in the bottom left corner
  4.  Right side view in the bottom right corner

Bullet one is supposed to be in color and the other are supposed to be black and white. Problem is that I can only seem to do them all in color or all in black and white (or wireframe I guess. Just the lines). What am I doing wrong?

I've also tried making shrinkwraps of the individual puzzle piece (assemblies) but cannot get the drawings right with them either.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi zdmarshak-16,

When you create projected views the display style is linked by default (in most cases). You can use the check box indicated in this illustration to un-link the style from the parent view.

Autodesk Inventor Link Drawing View Style.PNG

Once un-linked you can use the Style buttons to be shaded / not shaded as needed:

Autodesk Inventor Link Drawing View Style 2.PNG

This link gives an overview of drawing creation:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/0107-Essentia107/0113-Drawing_113#GUID-374B6CC8-...

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 3

Hi Curtis.

Thanks for that reply! I finally figured it out!

I need to have my drawings look like the below:

Drawing Sheet Example.png

What I did not realize is that this could only be accomplished by creating TWO different views! First I created a base view for the wireframe showing the top, front and right faces. Then I had to add another Base view, this time shaded and showing the iso right view!

Got another quesiton for you that I hope you could help with.

The attached file is a .idw file my teacher gave me which seems to allow us to just associate the desired .iam and it iwll automatically create the four required views as shown in the picture above. I've tried altering the Project Name, Name, Title, etc fields via the iProperties menu but am coming up empty.

Is this possible to do at all?

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report