Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with crashing

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
357 Views, 8 Replies

Problems with crashing

We updated our operating system a few weeks ago.  We're running Win XP 64 bit, Iv R2010 64 bit, SP0.  Suddenly, we're having all kinds of stability issues with larger drawings.  When we make a few section or detail views, Iv hangs up and we have to shut it down.  Does anyone remember any specific issues or patched from XP 64 that caused issues with Inventor?  We thought we had it narrowed to the View Representations, nut we took all of them out, it worked for a drawing, then "adapted" and started givinh trouble on the next drawing.  Now we've taken out the two Level of Detail Reps, and we're trying it again.  I'd like to know if anyone else has had these problems.  Thanx.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

try installing all the service packs for 2010 starting from sp1: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13713884&linkID=9242019

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

When we froze at R2010 during the "big downturn", we also dropped our maintenance agreement.  I've been told although I was told BY our V.A.R., that we can't upgrade the service packs without a maintenance agreement, and now of course, our software is 3 releases back.  Do you know of any issues that anyone's had with this?  My "I.T." people are asking me this.  Thanx.

Message 4 of 9
DarrenP

who the heck told told you that?

autodesk doesn't do that

you don't need to be on subcription to install service packs

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
mflayler2
in reply to: DarrenP

When you go off subscription you lose the ability to get Subscription Bonus/Advantage Packs only, not the normal Inventor Service Packs and hotfixes which are on the Autodesk website for free.

Some companies do make you pay for basic bug fixes, but not Autodesk. <cough, cough Dassault>

Either your VAR didn't communicate that correctly or whoever talked to them didn't get the idea.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: mflayler2

You are correct.  The BOSS just talked to our old VAR, and all the SPs are available... and also got the price for changing to R2013 (ouch).  We'll look at the service packs if we can't find a fix.  Thanks.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

More (strange....) news!!  Not completely sure, but it looks like the issue has to do with our model in some very odd manner.  I can make a base view of the bottom of the model, then I can make sections, details, etc. to my heart's content with no problem.  BUT... if I make a projected view  of the side of the model, it will save OK, but any view I make after that crashes the drawing.  I can even make a projected view of the end of the model, just NOT of the side.  I even stuck another base view into the drawing showing the side, but the next view I tried to make crashed on save,  Apparently, our model DOES NOT want to be seen from the side (maybe it's embarrassed by its big nose....)  Anyway, at this time, barring further complications, it looks like the problem is with the model.  WHAT the problem is, I have nooooo idea.  Thanks to all for your help.

Message 8 of 9
blair

Can you elaborate on "upgraded our operating system", what exactly you did to upgrage.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

When I said "upgraded our operating system", I think I was a bit ahead of what we had actually done.  What I.T. did was load the latedt patches, fixes, etc. for Windows, as well as applications like Java, etc.  However, I don't believe our issue has anything to do with that.  Actually, may not have anything to do with US at all!  We traced the offense to one component, a valve assembly we had gotten from a vendor as a .stp file.  We've used it for years, no probs, however, my tests indicated we could use it in a drawing viewed from ANY angle except one -- in a model it's no problem, but if a drawing view shows that face of the part, bam!  I even put the part in a drawing ALONE, got the same failure.  It's the model, not the software!!  Just by luck, we had never had this part in a drawing where it was visible from that angle.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report