Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with 45º in start and end of frame

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1019 Views, 5 Replies

problems with 45º in start and end of frame

whi guys

sorry for my bad english

but iam working on frame for a bus iam making one side painel estrutural and i have problem making frame with frame generator .. is possible make a cut in start and end of frame with degrees like 45º?? . i try made a trim with a plane but is impossible ... any expert can help me pls ... one easy way??

thks

pedro ferreiracut

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the forums!

It is hard to tell from your picture, but is that piece protruding form the end of the frame?  If is it, you may have to use a Cut Extrusion with a sketch to get that 45% miter.  If this is an actual corner in the frame itself, there is a miter tool in Frame generator you can use.

Does that make sense?

AutoCAD 2013; AuoCAD Electrical 2013; IV 2013 Professional: Tube and Pipe, Frame Generator, Content Center; Vault Professional 2013: Client, ECO

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

i dont now how to do Cut Extrusion with a sketch to get that 45% ....

iam stuck with cut corners :(:(:(  ani tutorial to explain ???? ... iam gona attack another problem cut frame ...

thks for the help 🙂 ani tutorial ?? problem

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

iam gona explain

i work in company how build bus,   i work with autocad all this time ...  and now they give me to choice some other program , and i download the trial version of inventor and some others programs ... and so far i loved inventor ..

sorry for my bad english and my training so far is youtube .. i now wen the company i work buy inventor iam gona get training .. but iam making same tests to see how its work..

so far is good .i used only on sketch 3d and same planes to help. i now i need help and some orientacion. iam gona attack the work iam doing now is bus duble decker autocad view, 3d render view and my try in inventor

thks

pedro

asset.jpg

int2.jpg

auto4.jpgrendit.jpg

Message 6 of 6
cbenner

Pedro,

If you do end up getting Inventor to work with, feel free to ask questions here anytime.  It is a good design tool, and Frame Generator should be able to save you a lot of time, once you get used to working with it.  Get some training if you can on the basics, and then practice, practice, practice.

Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report