Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with 3D model Rotation

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sewtecphil
628 Views, 6 Replies

Problems with 3D model Rotation

When I try to rotate a 3D model the model visually loses parts, I have spoken to our Autodesk support team, who are looking into it, The system we have on test is a Core i7 Extreme with 16Gb Ram and an Nvidia Quadro 4000 2Gb Graphics card, small models are rotatable, however large models More than 10000 parts are losing parts when we try to rotate,

To try and figure this out I did a base install of Inventor 2013, on a freshly prepped machine, this issue still occurs.

Apparently our autodesk support people are able to rotate this drawing absolutely fine on a lesser spec'd machine.

we are using the recommended nvidia drivers, win 7 64 bit.

Any help much appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
SBix26
in reply to: sewtecphil

What is your setting in Application Options > Hardware?

Message 3 of 7
sewtecphil
in reply to: SBix26

Performance, I have tried all the other options too. Regards -- Phil Crowder Software Developer [MCITP(rgb)_1085_1315]
Message 4 of 7
ystrm

Happens to me too, with large assemblys.

Have your visual style as Shaded, That's the option that require least "power" from your computer. Having the outlines visible is not optimal in these cases. If that doesn't work, check your hardware options to optimize your workflow.

/JY

Message 5 of 7
sewtecphil
in reply to: ystrm

I had the shaded box ticked, on the display tab, you will have to excuse me, I'm IT rather than Designer, and display edges is not ticked. Can you define optimise hardware options for workflow? Regards -- Phil Crowder Software Developer [MCITP(rgb)_1085_1315]
Message 6 of 7
ystrm

Well, in application options, Hardware Tab, you can check Performance. That's what I've done. But the problem without disappearing parts doesn't bother me that much, when I stop spinning my model, all the parts are visible again.

But try to check the performance option and see if it does any difference to you

Message 7 of 7
mrattray

If your models return to normal when you stop rotating then I don't think it's a bug; I think it's just Inventor's way of cheating to get good frame rates. SolidWorks always had a tenancy on my old machine to turn all of my geometery into big ugly "bricks" when I rotated large or complex models. They always returned to normal when I stopped rotating though.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report