Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems trimming lines to snap to circle

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
memondude
736 Views, 3 Replies

Problems trimming lines to snap to circle

Hi there,

I'm using Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015 and I'm trying to draw a 2D sketch in a part file.

All i'm trying to do is is to draw a circle, draw a straight line intersecting the circle (off -centre), and  get the line to snap to the circle. However, I can't actually snap exactly to the circle - whenever I zoom in, the straight line is overlapping the circle. I've tried drawing a longer line and trimming the line to intersect the circle but i get the same problem.

I've put some pictures up of the problem - any ideas to solve this would be most grateful. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
VdVeek
in reply to: memondude

This looks like a graphical "error". It's easier for your computer to draw something that looks like a circle made out of lines. You can ignore this, inventor is calculating everything oke but can't show it on your screen. 

Rob.

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.
Message 3 of 4
iguk2005
in reply to: VdVeek

my problem its seem similiar. i use autocad 2007 because my lovely 2004 didnt work at win 7 64bit. after using acad 2007 and 2013 this problem make me confuse. 

Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: iguk2005

In AutoCAD type Viewres and then set it to 20000 and hit Enter.

Then type Regen and hit Enter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report