Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems maintaining visibility of work features

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
KevinMacDonald
295 Views, 2 Replies

Problems maintaining visibility of work features

I went to the trouble of going through my model to turn off visibility for many many planes and axes and points that I did not need to see. I had only a few on that I need. By some flick of the wrist suddenly they are all back on again!! I am now back in a state where I can either see them all, or I hit Ctrl-] and they all go away. I cannot seem to get back to a point where I only have on the ones I want.

So, how do I definitely TURN OFF visibilty for ALL work features so that I can then selectively TURN ON only a few? The Object Visibility tool does not seem to do this. It doesn't seem to do much more than the Ctrl ] or Ctrl / or Ctrl . that I use to momentarily toggle visibility.

Thanks!

Inventor 2013
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi KevinMacDonald,

I suspect the short answer involves the use of Design View Representations. Basically if you toggle off your work planes off using the Master view representation, those changes don't stick. Depending on if you were working in a part or an assembly, and depending on where the work features exist, the results and instructions can vary. Can you post screen shots to let us know what you're seeing?

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 3

I made some progress on this on my own. You were right about the problem being with design view representations. I had an assembly which has been placed many times in the project. I had removed some associativity, but I think I have managed to restore it and then edit visibilities once only. I don't really have a clear idea of the impact of "Current", "Default", "Master" etc., but right clicking all my assemblies, choosing Representation and  choosing Associative + Default, seems to have done the trick.

Thanks!

Inventor 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report