Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with sheet metal

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
JL82
676 Views, 5 Replies

Problem with sheet metal

Hello,

I have problems with DXF of a sheet metal. Please see the attchment.  There is a sheet metal part.I have problems with lines on a DXF-files for a "cutting machine" ( I don' know a official english name). Then I create the DXF file of the part, the line of corner is not absolutely straight and endpoint is not in place compared other shape lines. It is so difficult to explain.... The line of corner includes the arcs, no straight!

Same problems is every parts, no this part only. Is there some options wrong or?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
InventorPortugal
in reply to: JL82

I see no problem with your file.

Anyway, sometimes all you have to do is delete the existing Flat Pattern and re-generate it.

I'm sending you your original part with a new flat pattern and a DXF file that seems to be Ok.

Autodesk Product Design Suite 2012 Ultimate
Autodesk Developer Network
http://www.inventorportugal.blogspot.com
Message 3 of 6
JL82
in reply to: InventorPortugal

Do you use the R12 or 2000 of DXF? I changed from R12 format to 2000 format , there is not problem anything using 2000....

Message 4 of 6
JL82

Hi,

Why I have the spline on line of corner? There is the straight line on your file! Please see the attacment. My format is R12. Are some options wrong me or? I have tried to create by Inventor 2010 and 2011.

Message 5 of 6
JL82

I tested again.

I must be creating the DXF file on drawings because I'm using "save all"  function (It is special macro for us)

-I create empty drawings without title block etc.

-I create a base projection and choose flat pattern

-I save copy as to folder to DXF

->there is a spline in place of the corner on DXF file

-I choose "Go to Flat pattern" on model space

-I choose "Flat pattern" from a history tree and click right button: Save copy as. I save to DXF

->now there is a line

What is different between these two ways?

Message 6 of 6
InventorPortugal

I don't know how you're exporting your DXF but it looks like something is wrong. In Inventor 2011or 2010, just activate the Flat Pattern, rightclick over "Flat Pattern" and select "Save Copy As".

Then you can explore other options like wich layers to export, DXF version, etc.

vftfvft.jpg

Autodesk Product Design Suite 2012 Ultimate
Autodesk Developer Network
http://www.inventorportugal.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report