Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with section view

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sebemond
676 Views, 6 Replies

Problem with section view

Inventor has a misbehaviour while creating a section view.  I want to create the following section on a drawing but the displayed section A-A is not what it should be.  Instead, it looks like if the cross-section line was located inside the crescent shaped frame.

P1.jpg

But when I move the cross-section line up & right, I get to a point where the section view finally looks like it should...

P2.jpg

The model is a frame made of angles and channels and a few other inserted parts.  I want to locate the cross-section line as on the first image above as I want to show the position of these members with regard to one another in only a few sections, not one per member...

Is there someting wrong with Inventor or is it something I am doing wrong?   Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: sebemond

Hello and welcome. Can you tell us what version of Inventor this is?  Would it be possible to post the files for this, or some closer screen shots?  On my monitor it's pretty hard to see what's going on... even with my old man glasses.

Message 3 of 7
sebemond
in reply to: cbenner

Hello, I am using Inventor 2014.  I did get to improve my problem by using the slice options from the Edit Section Properties, but still, this feels like patches to me, I am not getting the end result I want which is to show the two parallel angles through the two small plates c/w the other items in the back (PAS_310-Cheminee-caillebotis fillier plate from the model).

You will find the files attached...

Many thanks!

Message 4 of 7
MartinBernat

Hello,

from the attached dwg file it is still not clear what is happening there.

The entire section seems a bit large and does not contain what it should. Do all parts participate in the section (may be switched off in the part document properties)?

Could you please attach the ipt/iam as well?

Thanks,

Martin Bernat

Autodesk

Message 5 of 7
sebemond

Hello Martin,

If you mean that in the section's portion of the contextual menu of the drawing, I can determine the participation of a structure member (as in my case) by selecting Slice, Section or None, I did try it out just now and it did the job just fine for me, many thanks.

Two things I want to understand though:

1- Why did the structure members that were behind the section line ended-up in the section view?  Why did I have to remove them by hand?

2- When I did so by selecting the Slice option from the Section Participation menu, the item disapeared from the list? (I like to understand...)

Thanks again

Sébastien E.

Message 6 of 7
MartinBernat

Hello Sébastien,

I'd like to answer your questions but without a closer analysis of the model I'm not able to do so.

If possible, please attach your ipt/iam files or send them directly to me - martin.bernatATautodesk.com.

Thanks.

Martin Bernat,

Autodesk

Message 7 of 7
udhaielectrical

You have to refresh the view in 3D modeling.

Go to VIEW->Appearance-> Refine Appearance  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report